Does drupal solutions provide a better CMS experience?
For those of you who are not familiar with Free, open-source content management systems (CMS), Drupal is one of the more popular frameworks. It is written in a general purpose, open-source language known as PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) that can be embedded in HTML code and is especially suited for web design and development. The standard release which is called Drupal Core contains basic CMS features such as:
• Menu management
• Page layout customization
• RSS feeds
• System administration
• User account maintenance
• User account registration
The core installation enables user-generated content that can be used on a community website, an internet forum, a simple website, and single or multi-user blogs. You can run Drupal on any computer platform that supports web servers as well as running databases and PHP language while at the same time storing content and settings in the process.
Features of Drupal Solutions
As a free, open-source platform for communities of users and online content developers, Drupal now drives some of the busier websites on the internet. Additionally, it can be adapted to just about any visual design and currently runs over 1 million websites. Here are some features of Drupal to be aware of:
• It is content – Drupal hosts and promotes your content and enables you to build a strong presence on different social media platforms.
• It is database-backed web platform – its extensive architecture includes file maintenance tools and higher security levels
• It is design – site designs originate from themes and visual presentations that are described in standard cascading style sheets (CSS).
• It is everywhere – Drupal currently runs millions of websites on a global basis, including some of the biggest ones on the internet. It has an exceptional strong presence among industry-leading enterprises and major governments. However, it is easy enough for individuals and smaller companies to use it.
• It is open-source software – it is FREE to download, modify, and use
• It is scalable – Drupal is now being used on over a million webpages and fields over 20,000 requests every second.
• It is secure – since thousands of high-profile sites are now using this CMS, it is oftentimes subjected to rigorous security standards as well as the global Drupal community and security experts. The core code is effective where preventing certain security vulnerabilities is concerned.
• It is social – as a multi-user CMS, visitors can be “authenticated” users and log in or just browse as “anonymous” users without logging in.
Taking all of the above features into consideration, you can easily see why Drupal can provide a solid CMS user experience.
Why Companies and Content Producers use Drupal
There are numerous content management systems available on the market today but Drupal is considered one of the three most popular frameworks along with Joomla and WordPress. The common consensus is that WordPress is the easiest and quickest framework to use. However, Drupal works best for enterprise-class websites that are larger and more complex in nature. Joomla fits somewhere in between Drupal and WordPress and has some of the power that you find with Drupal. However, is considerably easier to use.
Interestingly enough, all three of these systems have continued evolving to benefit their users. Drupal is getting easier to use, Joomla offers a CMS along with an associated web design and development platform to run on, and WordPress is now more sophisticated than ever before. But what separates Drupal from the others is the fact that it is one of the most flexible and powerful CMS’s available to complex enterprise website development. It was originally designed as an open-source platform for publishing content on the web. But today it has a huge fan base comprised of enterprise-scaled and high-end websites.
Request a Quote